The Rising was a fabulous film and we enjoyed it thoroughly. I think even Z wouldn't have minded since the fight scenes outnumbered the dance routines.
Plus it was about the historical character, Mangal Pandey, which features in one of my favourite ever books - Zadie Smith's White Teeth.
Going into the cinema, one of the cinema ticket-people wanted to search my bag. I assented, opened the rucksack, he cast one look and saw an array of menstrual products and waved me through, obviously deciding on the strength of Tampax that I was no terrorist. Although frankly he might have considered it as evidence that I was dangerous and capable of anything.
Today's another busy day at work [although no one's been hysterical since my boss has been on leave]. I had lunch in the park and now I suspect I have sunburn on my chest.
There's a cyclist who pursues me as I walk the streets of Queens Park, dispensing goodness and useful phone numbers. He has taken to supplementing cheesy chat up lines with wolf whistling.
And this evening we're going to celebrate Z getting a multiple entry visa for France and me looking pretty by going out somewhere nice.
1. When you look at yourself in the mirror, what's the first thing you look at?
The state of my hair.
2. How much cash do you have on you right now?
3. What's a word that rhymes with "TEST"?
4. Favourite plant?
to receive - dark red roses; to grow - basil; to smell - jasmine and lillies; to look at - ferns.
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
6. What is your main ring tone on your phone?
a random annoying but LOUD melody
7. What shirt are you wearing?
a dark brown halterneck snagged at Mango's Xmas Sale
8. Do you "label" yourself?
tjej's harem girl
9. Name brand of your shoes currently wearing?
10. Do you prefer a bright or dark room?
bright. unless I'm having sex or something at which point candlelight is best.
11. What did you have for breakfast?
a lentil and carrot stew with sausages.
12. Since question 12 is weirdly missing, make some shit up.
I have sand down my cleavage from supervising sandcastle-building babies.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Snuggling up to Molly the Sheep and sleeping.
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell phone say?
Tonight's theatre group cancelled
15. Do you ever click on "Pop Ups" or Banners?
16. What's an expression that you say a lot?
it's probably a tie between words of profaniy and terms of endearment.
17. Who told you they loved you last?
my grandma, this morning
18. Last furry thing you touched?
19. How many hours a week do you work?
About 187,000 until my boss comes back from leave.
20. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed?
Two. They've been sat in my bag for six months.
21. Favourite age you have been so far?
I like now best. Although 23 was pretty good too.
22. Your worst enemy?
Whichever sodding architect designed the office without openable windows.
23. What is your current desk top picture?
A fish, by sparktastic
24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
"I come bearing CAKE!" - to my co-workers.
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to go back in time and fix all your mistakes which would you choose?
A million bucks, which would improve the quality of my life more significantly than time travel.
The only thing I'd go back in time for is to see my Dad again, and my mistakes are good learning experiences. The only thing I've done that I haven't forgiven myself for is to neglect the guinea pig when I was 12 and not look after it properly.